martes, 2 de febrero de 2010

How Not to Date (Me)

Let this be counted as DOI part 3. Some pointers on things and attitudes that I find either mood killers or all the way deal breakers. Maybe you can relate as well.

  1. (Don't) Be needy/over-eager to start a relationship. Stealing from certain TV comedy tittle, please "curb your enthusiasm ". I don't know about most people, but no matter how good the first impression was, I still need time and old-fashion interaction to evaluate a potential relationship with somebody.
  2. (Don't) Be submissive. I'm not a submissive person, and as a personal taste, really can't see myself on a relationship with somebody whose default answer is "whatever you say is fine with me".
  3. (Do) Allow for both of us to meet at the middle. Don't rush going trough the motions. If the interest is mutual so will be the signs. Make sure to give me signs that you are ready to take things to the next step and wait for signs of my own before you commit a relationship faux pas. I.e., suggesting to start dating exclusively right from the first date. See point num. 1
  4. (Do) Be honest about your own emotions and intentions. If you don't see relationship potential between us, then please say so. If all you are looking is for something casual, also say so. That's a courtesy you can expect from me if the tables where turned around and is the right way to save a friendship. Doing otherwise is a sure way to get yourself into the Persona Non Gratae list.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario